BOOK YOUR TRAVEL INSURANCEYou can read Heymondo Vs Safetwing cheapest travel Insurance. You can get for $135 USD your Heymondo Travel Insurance with Heymondo discount code valid for 90 days. Read our full Heymondo Travel Insurance Review You can get Safetywing Travel Insurance for Digital Nomads valid for 28 days Safetywing for $50 USD per month with kids until 10 years old included
Phililippines Tourist Spots: LuzonIf you are an avid reader of our blog, you already have a hint of how beautiful and exciting it is to travel in the Philippines. We really love every minute we spend in this amazing country. So, without further ado, here are tourist spots in the Philippines!
1. BatanesBatanes is a remote island in North of the Philippines. It’s popular as a wedding destination and we enjoyed of amazing landscapes there and magical sunset. This sunset is at Rolling Hills one of our favorite Batanes tourist spots. Also Marlboro country is another place that you can’t miss when visiting Batanes.
2. ViganVigan is a city in the Philippines located in Ilocos Sur. It’s known for its preserved Spanish colonial and Asian architecture. And because of its beauty and its well-preserved Spanish-era streets, Vigan has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Great place to walk around, try local food and visiting museums to know more about the Filipino history.
3. PagudpudWe have been visiting twice Pagudpud so far and it’s one of our top tourist spots in the Philippines. It’s so quiet and great place to take pictures. Most of the tourists are locals. The beaches are so beautiful and the sunsets are so colorful. Plus there are many places to visit around Pagudpud which keeps us busy for a few days always that we go to Pagudpud.
4. Bangui Windmills, Ilocos NorteBangui Wind Farm is a wind farm in Bangui, Ilocos Norte, Philippines. The wind farm is created to supply electricity to the province.Thus, the windmills are not only beautiful to look at; they are also useful and environmental tools used to supply electricity. The beach is so windy an ideal for taking pictures. To get Bangui windmills from Pagudpud is 25 kilometers ride.
5. Hundred Islands, PangsinanThis group of 123 islands is a popular destination in the Province of Pangasinan. Apart from enjoying the views, you can enjoy swimming, snorkeling and there is a pilgrimage island. Most of the tourist are locals and you can even enjoying overnight camping if you wish. This destination isn’t very popular for foreigners. Read here to know more about Hundred islands!
6. El Nido, PalawanThis is on the top of our list despite of its actual location being on the southern part of Luzon. We just can’t help it because it is one of our favorite places in the world! We have been here a few times already and every single visit was unique, and we loved every single experience we had. Even is the most touristic place in the Philippines, we loved it. And our favorite are Big Lagoon and Small Lagoon (Rachel’s picture above). You will seriously forget all the problems you have once you step on the clear waters and white sand beaches of El Nido. It was once a quiet place north of Palawan but because of number of people visiting here, it was developed but still beautiful! If you love nature and beaches, you shouldn’t miss exploring this tourist spot in the Philippines. Enjoy kayaking, swimming, diving, island hopping, and relaxing in this picturesque island.
7. Puerto Princesa, PalawanAnother gift from above, Puerto Princesa! It is the capital of Palawan and the most visited part of the province. Unlike El Nido, the capital is not famous for its beaches. But it is famous worldwide for its UNESCO World Heritage Site– the Palawan Underground River or also known as Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park. You will see unbelievable limestone formations here as you explore the underground river. Read here our favorite Palawan tourist spots!
8. Coron, PalawanIsn’t it obvious that we love Palawan so much? Another spot we recommend you include in the places to visit in the Philippines is Coron. Kayangan Lake in Coron was our favorite spot in the island hopping. You will surely love diving and snorkeling here.
9. Port Barton, PalawanThe sunsets are amazing in Port Barton. Island hopping is one of our favorite in the Philippines. You can see turtles snorkeling and swimming. And if you want an amazing experience you can enjoy camping. The beaches are so perfect with white sand and blue water. If you have time don’t forget to hike Mount Tapyas. You have to hike for 20-30 minutes to get to the top and enjoy the picturesque views. It is surely worth it! Go at the sunset time These three spots in Palawan are highly recommended. Transportation is easy because you just have to ride ferries or speed boats to get to the islands. Or you can book tours according to your budget and preference.
10. Banaue Rice terraces, IfugaoFound on the northern part of Luzon, Banaue is one of the tourist spots in the Philippines. This is the perfect place if you want to take a break from the city and inhale fresh air, feel the cold breeze, and feed your eyes with stunning views. Banaue and Batad rice terraces are amazing and it’s great to get lost around the area! Hike the downtown up to Banaue Viewpoint because it really feels good to be at the top of the mountain! Banaue is one of the spots where you will realize how beautiful nature is. You should also try watching Ifugao cultural shows and dance to the sound of gongs.
11. Angeles City, PampangaSome of the tourist spots in the Philippines are cultural and historical. Holy Rosario Church in Angeles City where we are based. And we spend most of the time when we aren’t traveling. It’s located in the Province of Pampanga, North Manila. With Clark International Airport the flights connection will not be a problem.
12. Sagada, Mountain ProvinceSagada is 3 hours away from Banaue. Tourists are encouraged to go here from Banaue during daytime as transportation might be quite difficult during the night. It was a great experience riding jeepneys full of people and sometimes you have to go on the top. It is famous for the hanging coffins, rice terraces, lakes, and rich heritage and culture. It is also a popular spot for locals during the holy week, as a pilgrimage.
13. Baguio CityAfter visiting Banaue and Sagada, you might want to go on a trip to Baguio City, the Summer Capital of the Philippines. It is a famous place for its temperature, beautiful views, and of course, strawberries! If you are available, try to visit during the month of February because it is when the month-long Panagbenga Festival is celebrated! Panagbenga Festival is also known as the Flower Festival and it is the most awaited festival in Baguio City. Experience dancing on the streets with large flower costumes and loud music.
14. ZambalesThey are famous for their beaches. You can do island hopping visiting amazing beaches like Anawangin and Nagsasa Cove. Also part of the island hopping are Camara Island ans Capones Island. If you want to have an awesome experience, you can camp in the beaches. Bring your own food and water, there is no electricity in some of the islands. If you are traveling with a kid, you should also check Ocean Adventure. Have fun with the kids watching dolphin and sea lion shows. You can also find an Oceanarium, or a big aquarium where you can watch marine animals in their habitat.
15. Anilao, BatangasAh, one of our favorites! We loved our diving experience in this quiet barangay in Mabini, Batangas. It is just a 3-hour drive from Manila and is a famous spot for diving enthusiasts. You can also do snorkeling here, as the water is clean and clear. It’s the perfect spot to relax after a long week. The picture above is from Sepoc Island!
16. Taal Volcano, BatangasYou will fall in love with the views from the viewing point in Taal Volcano, but you will fall in love more with the view from the Red Lava Viewing Point, where you can view the crater of the volcano. No worries if you do not like hiking. It was just an easy hike, that even a kid can do it. Now if you love volcanoes and lakes, then it is recommended for you to visit Taal Volcano in Tagaytay. It Is the 2nd most active volcano in the Philippines and a popular tourist spot in Batangas. It´s a must in the places to visit in the Philippines.
17. Mayon Volcano, BicolThis volcano is one of the things the Philippines boasts. It is an active, perfect-cone volcano that is famous to tourists. Aside from the Mayon Volcano, don’t forget to taste the delicacy of the Bicolanos- spicy foods. You can even find chili ice cream here! Would you dare to try it?
18. Donsol, SorsogonAnd the last but not the least on our list of places to visit in Luzon- Donsol. This place is famous because it is known as the home of Butanding or the Whale Sharks. When you visit Donsol, you shouldn’t miss diving and swim with the whale sharks. Don’t worry because they are friendly creatures. Just don’t do anything that will stress or scare them. CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION WITH AGODA!
More Phililippines Tourist Spots And Tourist Spots in the Philippines
CebuCebu is home of numerous Philippines tourist spots from old churches to waterfalls, beaches, and yummy food. It is actually one of our favorite tourist spots in the Philippines as the list of activities you can do in Cebu gives you a long list! These are some of our favorites:
19. Kawasan FallsIf you have seen those turquoise blue waterfall pictures on Instagram, that probably is Kawasan Falls in Badian, Cebu. This spot is very famous to locals and foreigners because of its beauty and the adventure it offers to visitors. Popular activities here include swimming, canyoneering, riding a raft, and of course, eating Cebuano food. Read our blog post to know how to get to Kawasan Falls from different parts of Cebu.
20. Bantayan IslandYou should also consider visiting Bantayan Island in Cebu if you really love beaches! This is a famous place for snorkeling and diving because of its clear waters and white sand. You can just relax on the shore or rent a motorbike to explore the island.
21. MalapascuaJust like in Bantayan, activities you can do in Malapascua are diving, snorkeling, swimming and relaxing. We loved to dive and snorkel here because of its clean and very clear waters. The picture above is from Langog Beach our favorite place in Malapascua Island. We hope they retain the cleanliness of the island. Read our blog post to be guided on what activities to do in Malapascua.
22. Aguinid WaterfallsIf you like chasing waterfalls and adventure you can’t miss Aguinid waterfalls in Cebu. It’s located in Sambogan and there are 7 levels of waterfalls you have to get a local guide to go around. And apart from the adventure you will get amazing shots. Read here our favorite Cebu tourist spots!
23. Osmeña PeakA beautiful hiking in Osmeña Peak in Cebu is a tourist spot in the Philippines that you can”t miss. There are mini Chocolate Hills and you can camp to wait for an epic sunrise. Make sure you check the weather since the weather is so rainy.
24. Lambug Beach, MoalboalMoalboal is a popular destination for diving with the sardines. There are beautiful places to visit around Moalboal like Kawasan Falls and Pescador Island. But our favorite tourist spot in Moalboal was Lambug Beach. We enjoyed an empty beach full of colorful starfishes everywhere.
25. Apo Island, Negros OrientalEnough with the whale sharks, ha! If you want to swim with the sea turtles, then you should go and visit Apo Island in Dumaguete! This town will give you the best photos- aerial and underwater. Make sure to equip yourselves with the best camera to capture the beautiful Dumaguete. Click here to see what activities we did in this town.
26. Siquijor IslandAaahh, Siquijor. I remember the time when we really had a hard time checking on our online job because of the difficulty of connection here. Despite that, we had fun in Siquijor! Consider visiting churches, waterfalls, and beaches in Siquijor as it will give you a break you deserve from the tiring city life! 🙂 Recommended beautiful beaches in Siquijor are Salagdoong Beach, San Juan Beach, and Paliton Beach (picture above).
27. Kalanggaman Island, LeyteKalanggaman Island is a small, quiet island but it didn’t fail to strike us with its beauty. The most beautiful part about this island is its sandbar and very clear waters. Kalanggaman Island we recommend as one of the tourist spots in the Philippines. We enjoyed so much taking underwater shots. What we love the most is that you can camp here (for a fee) for an overnight stay. You get to rest and relax in peace and enjoy the beauty of nature. What a catch, right? Read here how to get to Kalanggaman Island!
28. Chocolate Hills, BoholWe really loved the beautiful Chocolate Hills of Bohol! This is one of the most famous landmarks of the Philippines that you must see. When it rains, the hills turn chocolatey brown in color, which explains why it is called the Chocolate Hills. Read our full travel guide to Bohol here.
29. Boracay, AklanTo finish our Visayas list is the all-time favorite- Boracay! It is not just popular to the Philippines, but to the whole world. People love visiting Boracay Island because of its white sand beach and clear, blue waters. It is also visited by tourists because of the activities you can do here- snorkeling, diving, island hopping, riding a banana boat, riding a jet ski, visiting the oceanarium, parasailing, and the list goes on! You will really enjoy your stay in Boracay, whether alone, with loved ones, or with friends. Note: Boracay is opened again after they closed for rehabilitation due to the noncompliance of nearby businesses to policies. It will last for 6 months (April 26, 2018 – October 26, 2018). We are so excited to visit again! Read here things to do in Boracay Island!
Tourist Spots in the Philippines: Mindanao
30. Samal Island, DavaoA pride of the south, Samal Island! This is one of the places a traveler should go to when they visit Mindanao, Philippines. The views here are priceless, and the locals are welcoming. We loved snorkeling, diving, and island hopping here. We also loved the local food of Samal. This place is definitely worth the visit and we recommend Samal Island as one of the places to visit in the Philippines for couples!
31. Mount Apo, DavaoAlso located in Davao, Mount Apo is the highest mountain (a volcano, actually) in the Philippines. If you are into trekking, then you shouldn’t miss Mt. Apo! It is home to the rare Philippine Eagle and relaxing springs.
32. Enchanted River, Surigao del SurThe bright blue river in Hinatuan is indeed enchanted. Did you know that it is believed to be the home of spirits? Locals believe that the spirits are the one who take care of the river, making it aqua blue and deep. Different types of fish swim in this deep blue river. It is a scenic spot for swimming. Take note that life jackets are required when swimming in the Enchanted River.
33. Camiguin IslandOne of our favorite tourist spots in the Philippines. Camiguin island is a paradise to discover. From Mantigue Island where you can enjoy snorkeling to White Beach popular for the sand bar. If you want to relax in the island Hibok Hibok Hotspring will be your place when it’s getting cold in Camiguin. Read here our favorite Camiguin tourist spots!
34. Siargao, Surigao del NorteSiargao became in one of the most popular places to visit in the Philippines. This beautiful island is a must to explore. You can surf, relaxing, swimming, island hopping and visit the best tourist spots in the Philippines in Siargao. You can get by plane from Cebu and there are also ferries coming from Surigao. Read here our favorite Surigao tourist spots!
35. Maria Cristina Falls, Lanao del NorteTo complete our list is Maria Cristina Falls in Iligan City. People love this waterfall because of its function- giving electricity. It is called the twin falls as the flow is separated by a rock at the brink of the waterfall. It is truly a majestic view that will captivate you! CLICK HERE TO BOOK WITH AGODA. Now that you’ve seen our favorite tourist spots in the Philippines that we recommend, are you going to visit soon? Which are your top picks? Let us know if we forgot any of your favorite tourist spots in the Philippines! Should we add more tourist spots in the Philippines in the list? Let us know in the comments below. Happy Travels!
About the Author: Ruben, co-founder of Gamintraveler.com since 2014, is a seasoned traveler from Spain who has explored over 100 countries since 2009. Known for his extensive travel adventures across South America, Europe, the US, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and Africa, Ruben combines his passion for adventurous yet sustainable living with his love for cycling, highlighted by his remarkable 5-month bicycle journey from Spain to Norway. He currently resides in Spain, where he continues to share his travel experiences alongside his partner, Rachel, and their son, Han.