Last updated on November 3rd, 2023 at 06:32 pm
Traveling to Fuerteventura and looking to get a Fuerteventura SIM card from the airport? Vodafone prepaid sim is the best SIM Card in Fuerteventura while Holafly is best for unlimited eSIM data with phone calls included.
We’ll be diving deeper into this guide to help you get the best Fuerteventura SIM Card to stay connected during your trip.
Stepping off the plane in Fuerteventura, with its sun-kissed beaches and enchanting landscapes, is nothing short of exhilarating. As a modern traveler, you’ll probably want to stay connected from the moment you touch down. Whether you’re here for a brief getaway or an extended stay, understanding your connectivity options is crucial. So, here’s a comprehensive guide to navigating SIM card options in Fuerteventura.
Related Travel Guides:
- Sim Card in the Canary Islands
- Most Recommended Travel Insurance for Spain
- SIM Card vs eSIM
- How to get from Fuerteventura Airport to City Center
Navigating Fuerteventura Airport:
The vast expanse of the terminal building, stretching over 93,000 square meters, has been meticulously planned for easy navigation. With 64 check-in desks, 24 boarding gates, and 15 baggage carousels, the flow from arrival to departure is seamless. If you find yourself with time to spare, or if you’re just a bit peckish, there’s a selection of 12 food and drink outlets. These range from quaint cafes to fast-food joints, ensuring there’s something for everyone. For the shoppers, 11 retail outlets cater to diverse needs – be it duty-free shopping, quick pharmaceuticals, or trendy fashion.
Wi-Fi and Internet Connectivity:
Now, here’s the good part. Unlimited free Wi-Fi! Whether you’re waiting for a friend to pick you up or you’re finalizing your island itinerary, the terminal’s Wi-Fi ensures you’re online. You’ll find dedicated internet hotspots and even printers in the arrivals, departures halls, and boarding areas.
SIM Card Purchase at Fuerteventura Airport:
The tricky part about Fuerteventura Airport is the apparent lack of dedicated telecom shops or SIM card kiosks. But don’t fret, I’ve got some intel for you.
Shops at the Airport:
While the terminal boasts a variety of stores, your best bet for any tech or electronic needs might be Hudson News. With two shops conveniently located – one before security checks on the ground floor and another within the departure lounge – they offer items like batteries and phone chargers.
Outside the Airport:
This might require a slight detour, but if you’re keen on getting a local SIM right off the bat, considering the nearby resorts or towns might be a good idea. A couple of travel enthusiasts mentioned Corralejo as a reliable place to secure a SIM card.
Online Options & eSIMs:
The beauty of the digital age is the growth of eSIMs. These gems let you activate a SIM card virtually. Consider checking out platforms like Airalo which offer eSIMs for various regions, including Fuerteventura.
If you’re not in a hurry, you might want to explore mobile providers’ stores once you settle into the island. Not only does this give you a broader spectrum of choices, but you also get the advantage of discussing plans in detail with the store staff.
Top SIM Card Options in Fuerteventura:
When you’re out and about on the island, here are some carriers you might want to consider:
- Spain’s leading mobile operator also has a significant presence in the Canary Islands.
- Data Packages: Expect about €10 for 3.5GB, lasting 28 days.
- Vodafone Canary Islands / Vodafone Spain boasts expansive 4G services across the islands.
- Data Packages: Prepaid plans start at €15 for 6GB and unlimited national calls.
- Offers a mix of affordability and good coverage.
- Data Packages: With the “Mundo” SIM, you can get rates as low as €1/GB.
- Popular for its competitive rates, especially for data-centric users.
- Data Packages: Starting prices hover around €15 for up to 15GB.
- An often-underestimated gem in the Canaries.
- Data Packages: €7.87 for 8GB and unlimited calls or €12.29 for a hefty 20GB.
Remember, while these are standard offerings, always check for seasonal or promotional deals. They might just surprise you!
eSIM Options for Affiliates: Stay Connected Effortlessly
In today’s fast-paced digital world, physical SIM cards are gradually making way for their electronic counterparts: eSIMs. For our affiliates, this shift presents a fantastic opportunity, both in terms of convenience and profit. Here’s a closer look at the eSIMs we offer:
Benefits of eSIMs:
- Instant Activation: With eSIMs, gone are the days of waiting for physical delivery. Simply scan a QR code, and you’re connected.
- Space-Saving: No need to worry about losing or damaging a tiny plastic chip. eSIMs are built into the phone, ensuring they remain safe.
- Flexibility: Traveling to multiple countries? With eSIMs, you can store multiple profiles and switch between them as needed.
- Eco-Friendly: Reduce plastic waste by opting for a digital solution.
Airalo eSIM – Fuerteventura SIM Card
Airalo offers flexible data options when in Spain (and the Canary Islands) which is useful if you don’t need unlimited data when in Fuerteventura.
- Coverage: Over 100 countries, including the Canary Islands.
- Data Packages: Starting at $8.50 for 3GB, valid for 30 days. Perfect for short trips or light users.
Holafly Fuerteventura SIM Card
For unlimited plans, Holafly offers the best plan with calls included.
- Coverage: Comprehensive connectivity throughout the Canary Islands and beyond.
- Data Packages: From $19, enjoy unlimited data for 5 days. Great for heavy data users or longer stays. As a new added feature, Holafly now includes 60 minutes of calls in Europe with your eSIM plan.
Our Final Thoughts and Recommendations: The Best SIM for Tourists in Fuerteventura
Considering the balance of data affordability and signal strength, MasMovil seems to stand out. However, for more extended stays or if you’re going to be exploring remote parts of the island, Movistar’s extensive coverage might be a lifesaver. Always keep your usage patterns in mind – if you’re here for the ‘gram, prioritize data, but if you’re here for work or long chats, perhaps focus on call packages.