Looking for affordable Android eSIM phones? With the growing popularity of eSIMs for travel, users can effortlessly switch between carriers, making it a valuable asset for international travelers.
If you’re on a budget, it’s definitely possible to find budget-friendly Android phones with eSIM capabilities that don’t compromise on design, performance, or features.
In this article, we’ll list all the current affordable Android eSIM phones on the market and address some common questions about Android eSIM devices.
Let’s look at a list of budget Android eSIM Phones that you can buy to help you be able to use eSIMs for your trips. We’ll be focusing on Android major brands: Google, Samsung, and other alternatives.
What is an eSIM and Understanding eSIM Technology
An eSIM, embedded-SIM, or embedded universal integrated circuit card (eUICC), is a programmable chip embedded within certain phones, serving the same purpose as a regular SIM. eSIMs use remote SIM provisioning to connect to a wireless network over-the-air (OTA). The GSMA has realized this specification, eliminating the need for plastic SIM cards.
An eSIM can store multiple profiles on one chip, allowing for programming and reprogramming as needed. This means you can store several eSIM plans on one device and switch between carriers as desired, including while traveling abroad.
Are you ready to embrace the embedded SIM experience? Explore our eSIM plans for affordable Android eSIM phones and enjoy the flexibility and convenience of eSIM technology.
What to Look for in an eSIM-Compatible Phone
To choose the right eSIM-Compatible Phone, let’s look at the requirements good for you to consider below.
- Determine your preferred phone size. Larger phones may offer additional features.
- Examine the features and specifications of each phone. Identify the aspects most important to you and those you can compromise on.
- Consider each phone’s battery life. If you travel frequently, prioritize a longer battery life within your budget.
- Finally, take into account the cost of each phone. Seek the best value for your money.
How to Determine if Your Device Supports eSIM
To find out if your device is eSIM-compatible, check the following:
- Ensure that your phone is carrier unlocked.
- Confirm that your phone supports eSIM technology.
The process varies by device, but here’s a general overview:
- Navigate to Settings and locate the Internet Settings section.
- Find the SIM cards section and click on Add a SIM card.
- If your phone is eSIM-compatible, you’ll see an option to “download an eSIM” or “scan a QR code.”
- When you purchase an eSIM, you’ll receive a QR code to install it on your phone.
For more information on devices that support eSIM, read this comprehensive list.
Most eSIM Phones Run on Android
The majority of eSIM-enabled phones on the market are Android devices. Contrary to popular belief, eSIM technology is not exclusive to iPhones. In fact, Android devices were the first to introduce eSIM functionality and have been leading the market since their inception.
Samsung eSIM phones are the most popular and highly-rated Android eSIM devices, followed closely by Huawei. Google has also become a significant player in the eSIM market with its highly sought-after Google Pixel eSIM smartphones.
Top Budget Android eSIM Phones
You don’t need to spend a fortune to enjoy the advantages of eSIM technology. The following Android phones offer eSIM functionality without breaking the bank:
- Google Pixel 3 Series (3a, 3a XL, 3 XL)
- Google Pixel 4 and 4a (including 5G version)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Huawei P40 Series (P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro Lite)
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
As more eSIM smartphones are released, this list will continue to expand. If you’re interested in a high-end model but don’t want to spend a lot of money, you might also consider purchasing a second-hand eSIM phone.
Setting Up and Using eSIM Android Phones
After choosing an affordable Android eSIM phone, you’ll need to set up your eSIM service. Here’s how to enable and use an embedded SIM on an Android device, although the process may vary slightly depending on your specific device and the country it was purchased in.
Activating an eSIM on Android Devices
Using an eSIM on Android smartphones is incredibly easy, and eSIM plans are widely available. All you need to do is scan a QR code, and your eSIM plan will be activated. You can cancel at any time.
To set up an eSIM service on your Samsung Galaxy phone, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Connections
- Select SIM Card Manager
- Tap on Add Mobile Plan
- Select Don’t have a SIM card?
- Scan your QR code
- Tap on Register > OK
Your eSIM should now be active. The eSIM setup process is similar for most Android phones.
Using an eSIM on Other Android Devices
To use an eSIM service from a provider other than the one you originally purchased the phone from, your phone must be unlocked. If you’re using an eSIM for dual-SIM functionality, you won’t need to worry about managing the two lines. Initially, you’ll need to allocate plans, but calls and messages will automatically route to the assigned number or plan afterward. It’s as simple as that!
For more information, read this guide on Porting a Physical SIM to an eSIM.
Where to Purchase eSIMs
Once you’ve chosen your eSIM-compatible phone, you’ll need to obtain an eSIM.
You can purchase eSIMs through mobile carriers or online eSIM providers.
Here are some top eSIM providers to consider:
- Airalo: Offers eSIMs in over 190 countries and regions. Choose from local, regional, or global plans.
- Holafly: Offers unlimited data plans in numerous countries and regions, with eSIMs available in 130 countries and regions.
- Nomad: Provides affordable eSIMs in more than 100 countries and regions.
For more information, read our comprehensive guide on the best eSIM for international travel.
Final Thoughts on the Cheap Android eSIM-Compatible Phones
So there you have it – the top budget Android eSIM-compatible phones on the market.
This feature allows you to switch providers without needing a new SIM card each time you arrive in a different country.
With numerous excellent options available, select the one that best suits your needs and budget, and experience the convenience of an eSIM-compatible phone.
Interested in learning more about eSIMs? Check out the following guides: