WHERE TO STAY IN INDIAFor accommodation, you can find cheap rooms starting from $10-15 USD. The mid-budget can go from $20-50 USD room for two people with breakfast included. And for luxury accommodation expect to pay more than $50 USD for a room for two people with breakfast. Read more about all the places to stay in India and book your stay with Booking and Agoda!
BOOK YOUR TRAVEL INSURANCEYou can read Heymondo Vs Safetwing cheapest travel Insurance. You can get for $135 USD your Heymondo Travel Insurance with Heymondo discount code valid for 90 days. Read our full Heymondo Travel Insurance Review You can get Safetywing Travel Insurance for Digital Nomads valid for 28 days Safetywing for $50 USD per month with kids until 10 years old included
Jodphur Travel Guide
How to get to Jodhpur
Getting to Jodhpur by PlaneThere is a civil airport is Jodhpur and there are flights coming from Delhi and Mumbai. The airport is only 5 kilometers far from city center. The most comfortable option but the most expensive.
Getting to Jodhpur by BusThere are buses going to Jodhpur from main destinations in Rajasthan like Udaipur, Jaipur and also big cities like Mumbai and Delhi. The bus station is 2-3 kilometers far from city center. If you go by local buses will be cheaper than booking air conditioning buses where you will have more comfort.
Getting to Jodhpur by TrainThere are trains going from all over the country to Jodhpur especially from Rajasthan is well connected and big cities like Delhi and Mumbai. The train station is only 2 kilometers far from city center. This is the cheapest option since traveling by train in India is so affordable. Click here to book your train ticket in India before your trip with 12 Go
Best time to visit JodhpurThe best time to visit Jodhpur is in winter from September to March. From March to June can be really hot in Jodhpur. The rainy season is in July and August if you prefer avoiding them. So depending on the season that you prefer winter, hot weather or maybe rainy season with less tourist. Click here to know more about the weather in Jodhpur!
Jodhpur Itinerary: How Many Days Should I Spend in JodhpurFor Jodhpur Itinerary I would recommend 2 days and no more than this unless you have plenty of time in India. Jodhpur is quite busy and apart of sightseeing we didn’t like so much. I mean we liked more other destinations in Rajasthan like Udaipur and Pushkar. So if you are tight in your schedule two nights would be enough in Jodhpur. You can’t miss Mehrangarh Fort and it will take you a few hours to reach there and do the visit with pictures. Apart from the fort you have to visit Sadar Market and the clock tower quite busy but really nice to feel the vibe in Jodhpur. Also we recommend to have dinner or enjoy the sunset in a rooftop. There are cheap guesthouses with rooftops where you can enjoy the view while having dinner. If you want more luxury you can enjoy music while having dinner with the amazing view of the fort. Having more days in Jodphur? You can rent a motorbike or a tuk tuk and visit spots outside the city. But we recommend you to head to Jaisalmer or Udaipur from Jodhpur to continue your trip around Rajasthan. Click here to get your discount booking your tours in Jodhpur with Klook!
Daily Budget Travel in JodhpurFor transportation in Jodhpur will be free of cost since everything is walking distance in the blue city. If you want to explore outside the city local buses are so cheap less than one dollar. If you decide to get a taxi or tuk tuk will be affordable and you will have more comfort. Expect to pay for a day tour in a tuk tuk 700-800 INR which is around $10 USD. For food expect to pay $2-3 USD for a meal in a local restaurant and $5-6 USD per person if you choose a fancy restaurant. Entrance fees to visit Fort and other places around Jodhpur can take $10-20 USD depending of the things to do in Jodhpur that you choose to visit. For accommodation you can find cheap rooms starting from $10-15 USD. Mid budget can go from $20-50 USD room for two people with breakfast included. And for luxury accommodation expect to pay more than $50 USD for a room for two people with breakfast. Read more about all the places to stay in Jodhpur and book your staying with Booking and Agoda!
Things to do in Jodhpur
1. Visit Mehrangarh FortMehrangarh Fort was built in 1438 by Rao Jodha. There are a few palaces inside the fort and two old temples. It will take around 2-3 hours to visit the temple. It’s opened from 9 am to 5 pm. The entrance fee is 600 INR and extra 100 INR for taking pictures and 200 INR for taking video.
2. Explore the Blue CityExploring the Blue City was one of our favorite things to do in Jodhpur. Markets, street food and colorful houses. You can walk around finding your favorite spots.
3. Rooftop with a view in JodhpurYou can visit a rooftop in Jodhpur for dinner, coffee or tea. There are plenty of them. The best time to visit is for sunset and to see the lights of Mehrangarh Fort at night.
4. Visit the StepwellStepwell in Jodhpur were great since you can go down for taking pictures not like Jaipur that it wasn’t allowed to go down. You can see locals jumping and swimming. It’s so beautiful and we stayed watching and taking pictures around the stepwell. This stepwell is located in city center 10 minutes walking distance from Sadar Market and close to the guesthouses in Jodhpur. Click here to get your discount booking your tours in Jodhpur with Klook!
5. Views from of the Blue CityThere are many places where you can get the views from the city. The best one is from Mehrangarh Fort. You can also get great spots over the road and obviously the rooftops.
6. Visit Jaswant ThadaJaswant Thada was built by his son Maharaja Sadar Singh in 1899. The best part is the view from the mausoleum. The visit of Umaid Bhavan Palace can take 45 minutes to 1 hour. It’s very close to Mehrangarh Fort so make sure you visit both together in the same day. It’s opened from 9 am to 5 pm. The entrance fee is 30 INR plus camera 25 INR and 50 INR if you are talking video.
7. Shopping at Sadar MarketSadar Market is a great place to walk around in Jodhpur. You will find street food, spices to buy and clothes for shopping. You just walk around and choose your favorite place. We learn a lot walking around Sadar Market in Jodhpur about Masala and different spices. Prices are affordable but you will have to barging for this!
8. Visit the Clock TowerWe couldn’t make to the top to get a nice view of the market at that time. It’s perfect as a meeting point when walking around Sadar Market to not get lost around.
9. Walk Around Umaid Bhawan PalaceUmaid Bhawan Palace was built November 1929 and it was in progress until 1944. It’s great to see the architecture and it’s one of the most popular historical places in Jodhpur and Rajasthan area. The time to visit Umaid Bhawan Palace can go from 1-2 hours. You can also stay overnight. It’s not cheap but if you want to give you a luxury day click here to check prices and availability! It’s opened from 10 am to 4 30 pm and the entrance fee is 100 INR.
10. Go to MandoreMandore is an ancient town located 9 kilometers North of Jodhpur. It’s very historical town and the garden is the most popular site. Mandore Garden Jodhpur is opened from 8 am to 8 pm and there is no entrance fee. If you visit the museum there is an entrance fee 50 INR and it’s opened from 9 am to 6 pm everyday except Fridays.
Where to Stay in JodhpurThere is accommodation for all the budgets in Jodhpur. We stayed in an Airbnb a small guesthouse with a rooftop with views to the fort. Prices for Airbnb and guesthouses are starting from $10-20 USD a room for two people with breakfast included. For mid-budget expect to pay $20-50 USD and you will find more comfort. If you want to enjoy luxury starting from $50 USD you will get an amazing room for two people. Read more about all the places to stay in Jodhpur and book your staying with Booking and Agoda! Hope you find useful our favorite things to do in Jodhpur and feel free to share our Jodhpur travel guide with your friends going to Rajasthan in India. Feel free to use our links for discounts. Using our links will help us to continue with the maintenance of the website and it will not cost you anything. Thanks for the love guys. Happy Travels!
About the Author: Ruben, co-founder of Gamintraveler.com since 2014, is a seasoned traveler from Spain who has explored over 100 countries since 2009. Known for his extensive travel adventures across South America, Europe, the US, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and Africa, Ruben combines his passion for adventurous yet sustainable living with his love for cycling, highlighted by his remarkable 5-month bicycle journey from Spain to Norway. He currently resides in Spain, where he continues to share his travel experiences alongside his partner, Rachel, and their son, Han.