Last updated on November 26th, 2023 at 07:17 pm
Looking for the best guide on getting a SIM card in Manila or a SIM Card Manila Airport purchase? For a strong signal in Manila, Globe and Smart SIM cards are top choices. For eSIM, consider Holafly for hassle-free data and Maya for comprehensive plans.
Ready to dive into the colorful culture and stunning landscapes of Manila?
Manila, the Philippines’ oldest city, offers a rich history, stunning beaches, and an increasingly vibrant digital scene. Whether you’re a backpacker hitting the beaches or a business traveler attending a conference, staying connected is key.
In this guide, we’ll provide you with all the essential information to help you make an informed choice when it comes to buying a SIM card in Manila.
Related Travel Guides (SIM Card Manila Airport)
- Buying an eSIM for a Philippines Trip
- Cheapest and Best Travel Insurance for the Philippines
- Filipino Cuisine: Best Filipino Food to Try
- 25 Affordable Beaches Near Manila
- Manila vs Cebu
Can You Buy a SIM Card in Manila Airport?
Manila Airport has several terminals and is also known as the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. International Arrival terminals will have sim card kiosks and are available in the Arrivals Area in Terminals 1, 3 and 4.
Buying a SIM card in Manila is an easy process. Just remember that you’ll usually need to present a valid ID, such as your passport, for registration as per local regulations as the Philippines recently passed its SIM card registration law.
Manila SIM Cards Companies and Packages
Known for its extensive coverage and variety of data plans, Globe is a go-to for many travelers.
Globe Traveler SIM
- Globe has a preloaded traveler SIM which you can purchase in the arrival area of the airport and can directly use after the sim registration. You don’t have to worry about reloading and registration of data plans. Below are your choices. Get 10GB of data for $5.37 USD for 7 Days, 20GB of data for $8.94 USD for 15 Days, and 40GB of data for $18 USD valid for 30 days. All plans include unlimited calls and texts to all phones in the Philippines (all networks).
Globe Prepaid SIM
If it’s affordability you want in the Philippines, the best Manila SIM Card to get is the regular prepaid SIM. If the kiosks allow you to get these, better get them. For less than a dollar, you can get a local 5G sim card in the Philippines (sim card in Manila). It’s a prepaid SIM so you will later need to reload it, however reloading prepaid cards in the Manila and the Philippines is easy. Almost every retail shop will let you do this.
- Globe has its own prepaid SIM (that locals use) which you can buy (these usually cost a dollar outside the airport. You will need to reload this SIM with credits and use those credits or register for services for added perks. See the plans below.
Go+ Promos: Enhanced Connectivity
- GoPLUS99: ₱99 (approx. $1.90) for 8 GB all-access data + unli all net texts, valid for 7 days.
- GoPLUS129: ₱129 (approx. $2.50) for 10 GB all-access data + unli texts + unli calls to Globe/TM, valid for 7 days.
- GoPLUS149: ₱149 (approx. $2.85) for 12 GB all-access data + unli texts and calls, valid for 7 days.
- GoPLUS250/400: ₱250/₱400 (approx. $4.80/$7.70) for 15/25 GB all-access data, valid for 15 days.
Go Promos: Ideal for Casual Internet Use
- Go59/75: From ₱59/₱75 (approx. $1.15/$1.45) for 5 GB data + GoWiFi + unli texts/calls, valid for 3 days.
- Go120/140: ₱120/₱140 (approx. $2.30/$2.70) for 10/11 GB data + GoWiFi + unli texts/calls, valid for 7 days.
- Go250/400: ₱250/₱400 (approx. $4.80/$7.70) for 15/25 GB all-access data, valid for 15 days.
GoBOOSTERS: Customize Your Plan
- GoWATCH/PLAY/SHARE/LEARN/WORK/LISTEN/SHOP/RIDE/KOREAN/PINOY/ANIME/GoLONGER/GoBOOST15/GoCALL10: Additional 1 GB or specific feature add-ons for ₱10/₱15 (approx. $0.20/$0.30) per day.
- Go5G 99/199/299: 5 GB 5G data for ₱99/₱199/₱299 (approx. $1.90/$3.80/$5.75) for 3/7/15 days, requires an active Go+ or Go90+ subscription.
GoUNLI: Unlimited Calls and Texts
- GoUNLI20-350: Ranges from ₱20 (approx. $0.40) for unli calls/texts + 50 MB (1 day) to ₱350 (approx. $6.70) for unli calls/texts + 3 GB (30 days).
GoSURF: For Light Internet Users
- GoSURF30-2499: Plans start at ₱30 (approx. $0.60) for 300 MB (2 days) up to ₱2,499 (approx. $48.00) for 50 GB (30 days).
Smart – Philippines SIM Card Manila Airport
Smart, another telecoms and arguably the best signal in the Philippines also has their Smart Tourist SIM.
Want more flexibility? Purchase a regular Smart Prepaid SIM (also used by locals) and you can reload it yourself and register to various plans. This is best for all types of budget and will be the most affordable option. Find all of Smart’s prepaid promos here.
DITO Telecommunity is a relatively new telecommunications provider in the Philippines, rapidly gaining popularity for its competitive pricing and expanding coverage, particularly in Visayas and Mindanao regions.
- DITO offers various prepaid data plans that are known for their value. For example, a common plan might include 25GB of data for around PHP 199 (approximately $3.80 USD), valid for a month.
- They also offer unlimited data plans and call & text promos at competitive rates.
DITO’s appeal lies in its budget-friendly plans and growing coverage, making it a compelling choice for travelers seeking affordable internet access in the Philippines, especially in areas where it has established its network.
Klook 5G Traveler SIM
With Klook, you can already pre-order your Traveler 5G Manila SIM Card and pick it up upon arrival in NAIA Terminals 1 and 3 Arrivals area. This is a good way to get your SIM Card Manila Airport. For $5.39 USD you get 29GB of high-speed internet and unlimited calls and text messages for 15 days. Talk about convenience!
Navigating SIM Card Manila Airport
Manila International Airport, with its modern design and traveler-friendly layout, offers a smooth experience from the moment you land. The airport’s compact nature makes it easy to locate essential services, including SIM card kiosks of Globe and Smart, the Philippines’ two biggest telecom companies. There is also a newcomer, Dito SIM, so check out for that as well.
Finding SIM Card Kiosks for SIM Card Manila Airport
Prominent providers like Globe and Smart Kiosks can be found in the arrivals area at Manila International Airport of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Arrival Area in Terminals 1, 3 and 4.
Where to Buy a SIM Card in Manila and SIM Card Manila Airport
Ninoy Aquino International Airport – SIM Card Manila Airport
Right after landing, you’ll encounter several stalls and kiosks selling SIM cards in the arrival area (Terminals 1, 3, and 4 in Manila Airport). You can expect to find Globe and Smart (look out for DITO SIM, the newest SIM card company in the PH) sim card options – both have prepaid sim cards and Philippines traveler sim cards as well.
Shopping malls in Manila (and in the Philippines in general) have several shops where you can easily buy Manila sim cards if in case you’re okay with buying your sim card later. If you want the option of not buying directly from Manila airport because of the price and are not in a hurry to get one, your next best bet is the big malls. SM City Malls have SM Information desks to help you with getting the sim cards and other information in the malls. Below are some of the closest malls to the airport.
- SM Mall of Asia – approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) from NAIA International Airport.
- Newport Mall – about 3.83 miles (6.16 km) from NAIA International Airport.
- Venice Grand Canal Mall – roughly 2.99 miles (4.8 km) from NAIA International Airport.
- Cartimar Market – approximately 5 km from NAIA International Airport.
- Greenbelt Mall – around 5 km from NAIA International Airport
Local Mobile Stores
Globe, Smart, and DITO have shops all over Metro Manila (tech shops, retail shops, covenience stores like 7-Eleven, where you can pick from a variety of sim card plans and packages.
Convenience Stores and Small Sari-Sari Stores
Many convenience stores like 7-Eleven offer basic SIM card options. If you’re in a local part of Manila, small stores like general mobile and merchandising stores, and even in public markets even some sari stores (local neighborhood stores) you can get Philippine sim cards. Keep in mind that these stores usually don’t assist with activation. However, these options can be cheaper than a SIM Card Manila Airport purchase.
Pre-Order Your Manila SIM Cards Online and Pick Up Later – Philippines SIM Card Manila Airport
With Klook, you can already pre-order your Traveler 5G Manila SIM Card and pick it up upon arrival in NAIA Terminals 1 and 3, Arrivals area. This is a good way to get your SIM Card Manila Airport. For $5.39 USD you get 29GB of high-speed internet and unlimited calls and text messages for 15 days. Talk about convenience!
Mobile Operators, Networks & Frequencies in Manila (MANILA Airport SIM Card)
The primary mobile operators in Manila include Globe Telecom, Smart Communications, and DITO SIM. They offer services ranging from 3G to 5G.
VoLTE & VoWiFi in Manila
Not all local providers support these technologies, so you’ll want to check compatibility before making a selection.
SIM Card Registration in Manila
Registration is simple and usually involves showing your passport for identity verification. This is a quick process, and you can use your SIM card immediately afterward. If you are in a hurry and don’t want to register with sellers and happy to do it on your own, here are quick links to registering your Philippine SIM card online:
Alternatively, you can download their mobile apps and you can register directly through the apps. Look for Globe One (for Globe), Smart Gigalife (for Smart) and DITO PH (for DITO). You’ll easily find these apps in both Apple and Play Stores.
Remember that it’s important to register your physical sim immediately or you risk losing signal of your sim card. You will need wifi to register your SIM as data will not work yet before the Philippine SIM card is registered.
Roaming in Manila
Roaming services are available but can get costly. It’s generally cheaper to buy a local SIM card, especially if you plan on using data services.
Manila Mobile Speeds, Internet Prices & Insights
Manila offers good network coverage and decent internet speeds, especially in urban areas. Data plans are generally inexpensive compared to Western countries.
Currency in Manila
The currency in Manila, as in the rest of the Philippines, is the Philippine Peso (PHP). Credit cards are accepted in many places but having cash on hand is advisable.
Best SIM Card in Manila
Globe Telecom Manila
- Good Coverage: Sufficient network coverage, especially in tourist spots.
- High-Speed Data: 4G and some 5G services are available.
- Pricier: Globe can be more expensive compared to other local providers.
- Travelers who prioritize robust data and services.
- 8GB Data Pack: 600 PHP (Validity 15 days)
- 20GB Data Pack: 1000 PHP (Validity 30 days)
Smart Communications Manila
- Competitive Pricing: Cost-effective plans are available.
- Extensive Network: Wider coverage, including some rural areas.
- Customer Service: Varied experiences have been reported regarding their customer support.
- Budget-conscious travelers who require good coverage.
- 4GB Data Pack: 300 PHP (Validity 15 days)
- 15GB Data Pack: 800 PHP (Validity 30 days)
Comparing eSIMs in Manila
Maya eSIM Manila
- 1 GB for $5 USD (30 days)
- 10 GB for $24 USD (30 days)
Maya offers relatively low-cost eSIM options that are easy to use and straightforward to set up. With a focus on affordability, Maya eSIM Madeira is particularly beneficial for short-term visitors who need basic data access.
Holafly Manila eSIM
- Unlimited data for $64 USD (30 days) using discount code GAMINTRAVELER
Holafly offers unlimited data, making it ideal for heavy data users or business travelers. Using a promotional code can further reduce costs, making it a competitive option for those who don’t want to compromise on data usage.
Airalo Manila eSIM
- 1 GB for $4.5 USD (7 days)
- 30 GB for $19 USD (30 days)
Airalo provides highly flexible, low-cost data options suitable for both short and longer stays. The ease of setup and wide range of data packages make Airalo a convenient option for those looking for customization and affordability.
The Preferred Way to Stay Connected When Traveling in Manila
In summary, Vodafone and NOS offer competitive data packages for both short-term and long-term stays. However, if you’re staying in Madeira for a short period, consider eSIM options from Airalo or Maya for flexibility.
Our Final Thoughts and Recommendations on SIM Card Manila Airport and Best SIM Card in Manila to Get
In Manila, Globe and Smart dominate Manila SIM card options with reliable signals. For eSIMs, Holafly offers quick activation, while Maya adds text & call perks.
Feel free to use our links for discounts. Using our links will help us continue with the maintenance of the website and will not cost you anything. Thanks for the love, guys.