Last updated on May 23rd, 2023 at 09:37 pm
France eSIM Holafly vs Airalo – When choosing eSIMs for France, Airalo offers the most value with its affordable eSIM while Holafly is best for unlimited data in France.
Traveling to France is an exciting adventure, and a dependable internet connection is essential for navigation and staying connected. This comprehensive guide will help you find the best France eSIM for your trip by comparing leading providers and their offerings, focusing on factors such as price, coverage, and data allowances.
Related Travel Guides
- Best Prepaid SIM Cards for Tourists in France
- Best French Food: 55 Best French Dishes and Traditional Food in France
- France Travel Tips: 28 Things to know before visiting France
Booking Your Accommodation for France
Check the map below for the best pricing deals for your accommodation in France:
Book Your Travel Insurance in France
You can read Heymondo Vs Safetwing cheapest travel Insurance. You can get for $135 USD your Heymondo Travel Insurance with Heymondo discount code valid for 90 days. Read our full Heymondo Travel Insurance Review
You can get Safetywing Travel Insurance for Digital Nomads valid for 28 days Safetywing for $50 USD per month with kids until 10 years old included
What Really is an eSIM?
An eSIM, short for embedded SIM, is a digital version of a traditional SIM card that can be activated without requiring a physical card. This cutting-edge technology enables users to effortlessly switch between carriers and data plans without needing to swap out SIM cards. eSIMs have gained popularity due to their convenience and user-friendly nature, particularly among global travelers.
Benefits of Using a France eSIM
- Hassle-free experience: With a France eSIM, you can avoid the inconvenience of purchasing a local SIM card upon arrival, allowing you to stay connected as soon as you land.
- Flexibility: France eSIMs make it easy to switch between providers and plans, offering greater flexibility during your travels.
- Cost savings: By using a France eSIM, you can eliminate roaming fees or international charges, saving you money throughout your trip.
- Dual connectivity: France eSIMs enable you to maintain your primary phone number while using a secondary data plan, ensuring that you stay connected without losing access to your regular contacts.
France eSIM Providers and Plans
In this section, we’ll provide an overview of the popular eSIM providers in France: Holafly, Airalo, Nomad eSIM, Ubigi eSIM, GigSKY, BNESIM, and ByteSIM. Due to my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, I am unable to provide specific plans and pricing for each provider. However, you can check their websites for the most up-to-date information on their offerings.
Holafly is the top choice for France eSIM if it’s an unlimited data connection that you need. Holafly France eSIM plans start at $19 USD for 5 Days of Unlimited Data. See the other unlimited data plans of Holafly eSIM for France:
- 7 Days Unlimited Data for $27 USD
- 10 Days Unlimited Data for $34 USD
- 15 Days Unlimited Data for $47 USD
- 20 Days Unlimited Data for $54 USD
- 30 Days Unlimited Data for $64 USD
Airalo offers $4.50 USD for 1GB Data valid for 7 days which provides the most value and affordability for the France eSIMs. Airalo is the best option if you don’t need to have unlimited data during your trip.
Here are the other plan prices for Airalo France eSIM
- 2GB for 15 Days for $7.50 USD
- 3GB for 30 Days for $10 USD
- 5GB for 30 Days for $14 USD
- 10GB for 30 Days for $23
- 20GB for 30 Days for $36
See the plan prices below:
- 1 GB for 30 days for $5 USD
- 3 GB for 30 days for $9 USD
- 5 GB for 30 days for $14 USD
- 10 GB for 30 days for $24 USD
- Europe Unlimited Data for 30 Days for $49 USD
Ubigi is another great option that gives you 3GB of data for $8 valid for 30 days.
Nomad offers another great alternative for eSIM options for France. You can get from 1GB for $6 USD valid for 7 days.
See other plans:
- 3GB for 15 Days for $12
eSIM Compatibility by Handset Brands
Before purchasing an eSIM, it’s crucial to ensure that your device supports eSIM functionality. This feature is typically available on newer devices from various brands. Below, we’ve separated eSIM compatibility by handset brands for your reference:
- Apple: eSIM functionality is supported on iPhone XR and later models, including iPhone XS, XS Max, and all subsequent devices until the latest, the iPhone 14.
- Samsung: Starting with the Samsung Galaxy S20 series, eSIM support has been included in their flagship devices, such as the Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra, and later models.
- Google: Google Pixel devices, including Pixel 3a, 3a XL, and later models, have eSIM functionality.
In addition to these brands, other manufacturers may also offer eSIM compatibility in some of their devices. Be sure to verify the compatibility of your specific device before purchasing an eSIM. Additionally, confirm that your device is unlocked to utilize eSIM services from various providers.
Tips for Using Your France eSIM
- Turn off automatic updates and background app refresh to conserve data.
- Use offline maps or download maps for the areas you’ll be visiting.
- Connect to Wi-Fi at hotels, cafes, or public areas whenever possible to save data.
- Regularly monitor your data usage to avoid running out of data during your trip.
- Keep a portable battery pack handy to ensure your phone stays charged while using data-intensive apps.
- Use voice and video calls on apps like WhatsApp or Telegram to save on communication costs.
Alternatives to France eSIMs
- Local SIM cards: Purchasing a local SIM card upon arrival in France is an alternative to using an eSIM. This option may be suitable for travelers who do not have an eSIM-compatible device or prefer using a physical SIM card. Keep in mind that you’ll need an unlocked phone to use a local SIM card.
- Pocket Wi-Fi: Renting a pocket Wi-Fi device is another option for staying connected during your trip. Pocket Wi-Fi offers a portable internet connection, allowing multiple devices to connect simultaneously. However, this option may be less convenient than using an eSIM, as it requires charging and carrying an additional device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How do I activate my eSIM?
A: Activation typically involves scanning a QR code or entering a code provided by your eSIM provider. You can find detailed activation instructions on the provider’s website or in the email they send you after purchase.
Q: Can I use my France eSIM in other European countries?
A: Some eSIM providers offer plans that include coverage in multiple European countries. Check the details of your specific plan to determine if it includes coverage beyond France.
Q: Can I use my France eSIM for calls and texts?
A: Most eSIM plans focus on data services, but some providers offer plans that include voice and text capabilities. Be sure to check the features of your chosen plan before purchase.
Final Verdict: Best France eSIM Choices Based on Price, Coverage, and Data Allowances
After comparing the popular eSIM providers in France, you can make an informed decision on the best eSIM plan for your trip based on factors such as price, coverage, and data allowances. Each provider offers its unique advantages, so consider your specific needs and preferences when making your choice. Our verdict, Airalo offers the most affordable eSIM while Holafly is best for unlimited data in France.