With plenty of great things to see and do, Benidorm is a popular destination for many reasons and has come on leaps and bounds from what was once known as a little Spanish fishing village in the 1960s.
An iconic beachside destination situated on Spain’s east coast, this resort town is hugely popular with holidaymakers looking for affordable accommodation, attractive beaches and plenty to do for one day in Benidorm. Read here how to get from Valencia airport to city center, Alicante airport to Benidorm and Alicante airport to city center.
With a reputation that precedes it and a larger than life nightlife, if you’re after good fun, good fun, hot weather and low prices, you certainly can’t go wrong here.
So, if you’re planning one day in Benidorm Benidorm as part of your holiday, we’ve put together the ultimate guide for a day well spent.
This is the place for someone who loves an excursion or wants to try a new activity. As it’s virtually impossible to do everything Benidorm has to offer, we’ve listed some options and you can choose for yourself.
One Day in Benidorm
- Aqualandia – The perfect family day out. Featuring the tallest water slide in Europe, the Big Bang, this waterpark uses real Mediterranean Sea water and has a wave pool of a capacity of 1,000 people at once.
- Benidorm Promenade – If you’re looking for the ultimate holiday evening experience as a couple, a trip to the promenade is a must. Lined with bars, restaurants and gift shops, grab something to each and visit the beach while soaking up the atmosphere alongside Levante beach.
- Sierra Helada – If you fancy a hike up a mountain, this is the activity for you. We advise you visit here early in the morning as it can get very hot and make sure you take a hat, some sun cream and plenty of water. Get right to the top, where the Albir lighthouse is, and you’ll have an incredible view of Benidorm below – don’t forget your camera.
- Algar Natural Foundation – Another one for the whole family to enjoy. Pack your swimsuit and a towel for a dip in the waters. With a $4 fee for adults and $2 for children up to 10 years old, it’s an affordable day out. Walk along the stone and veer off onto the rocks, hop around the pool and explore these incredible waterfalls.
- Hit the beach Home to a stunning coastline, you have three beaches to choose from – you can let off some steam on the award-winning beaches of Levante or Poniente, with long, sweeping warm sands that cater for everything from water sports to sunbathing. Or, for a more relaxing vibe, Malpas is perfect for those looking for a bit of peace and quiet away from the crowds. Whichever you choose for your day trip, they’re all Blue Flag certified, so you can be sure they’re safe and clean.
Not forgetting the Old Town… If you’re looking for something with an authentic ‘Spanish’ feel on your day trip, you’ll want to visit the Old Town. Compared to the hustle and bustle of the rest of the island, Old Town is like a different world and gives the opportunity to get a real feel for Spanish culture and history.
This whole area bursts with character and charm. As you wander the narrow cobbled streets, you’ll discover boutique little shops, cafes and pubs tucked away. Probably the most prominent landmark is the church that’s existed since the mid 18th century. The best time to visit here is during one of Benidorm religious feasts, as you can look forward to delicious food and some even better celebrations.
Benidorm is great for couples, families and friendship groups, with lots to do keeping everyone happy during your time spent here. Hopefully, we’ve helped you to decide on things to do so you can to make your trip a memorable one. Ready for your trip to sunny Benidorm? Plan to visit some of the spots in this essential guide and you’ll enjoy the perfect trip away.