Last updated on May 24th, 2018 at 02:40 pm
One of our plans for this summer while visiting Europe is a road trip with a motorcycle. Hopefully we can visit North Spain, starting from Asturias, Cantabria and Basque Country. There are many beautiful beaches and great landscapes around the area. If we have enough time, we will love also to continue the trip to the South of Spain. If we don’t have enough time, we will visit South Spain in another long weekend.
I have been traveling by bicycle, hitchhiking, backpacking, but I have never tried a road trip with a motorcycle. It will be an amazing experience. But it will require planning in advance, just like what we do for every trip.
Planing a Road Trip with a Motorcycle
First of all you have to think about your own security:
– Make sure you are bringing all kinds of clothes for warm, rainy and cold weather. If traveling in summer time, you will mostly need comfortable clothes since the weather is really warm in Spain.
– Have all the equipment for the motorcycle like helmet, gloves and comfortable clothes for driving ready. Make sure that you have tools to adjust the seats, to repair a flat.
– Make sure you are bringing the best motorcycle tires and check them daily. You need to make sure that you can use the tires for dry and wet weather.
– Nowdays, it’s great to travel with a GPS. It will save time and you will get the best information for which routes to take every moment.
– Spread luggage in the motorcycle! Our bags, tools for the trip, sleeping bag and tent, if you can fit them all. It’s important to travel light.
– Prepare the itinerary in advance to know where you will sleep, which places you will visit and which routes you plan to take.
When to do the trip?
– We believe that summer is the best season for a road trip with a motorcycle in Spain. Since the weather is very warm and it’s not usually rainy, which can be bothersome when traveling with a motorcycle.
– It’s high season and places will be crowded! You need to do lines, and prices are high. Maybe we can postpone the trip til the end of summer when everything is quieter.
After following these advises, we think that we are ready for our road trip with a motorcycle around Spain! We are super excited to do it.
Let us know in the comments if we are missing something or if you have ever done a motorcycle trip. We are definitely open for any recommendations and advice!
Happy travels and til our next post!